Areas of Practice
Indian Law, Cultural and Historic Resources, Environmental, Natural Resources, Marine & Coastal Construction, Administrative, Water Resources, and Energy.
- Assists and represents Tribal Governments with Government-to-Government consultations regarding cultural, environmental, and natural resources.
- Assists and represents Tribal Governments in developing strategies and frameworks to protect cultural, environmental, and natural resources on and off tribal lands.
- Assists and represents Tribal Governments with negotiating agreements with local, state, and federal agencies protecting tribal interests.
- Assists Tribal Governments with Self-Governance and Self Determination; including but not limited to: developing management plans for tribal resources; developing tribal ordinances; developing frameworks/agreements to assume responsibility of federal programs/statutes on tribal lands; and developing tribal infrastructure and capacity.
- Represents clients before local, state and federal government bodies and agencies with regard to regulatory issues; including but not limited to: National Environmental Policy Act; National Historic Preservation Act; Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act; Archaeological Resources Protection Act; Clean Water Act; Endangered Species Act; Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act; and Clean Air Act.
- Represents clients in stakeholder meetings with local, state, and federal agencies; including but not limited to: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs, United States Environmental Protection Agency, United States National Park Service, United States Department of Agriculture, National Resources Conservation Services, Federal Communication Commission, United States Bureau of Land Management, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Provides legislative support to clients at the state and federal levels.
- Provides administrative rule development support to clients at state and federal levels including drafting proposed rule language and drafting agency comment letters.
Volya Innovative Solutions is not associated in any manner with, nor endorsed, recommended, or sponsored by Veolia Environmental, SA